The Disturbing Sculptures of Dongwook
" Love Me Sweet"Arrario Gallery Seoul samcheong, Korea 2012
Dongwook Lee’s works focus on the contradictions that are fundamentally inherent in human existence and life. Exquisitely hyper-realistic and surrealistically imagined renditions of his miniature human figures are staged in absurd situations in Lee’s works, in which the bleak everyday life transforms into poetic horror. In Lee’s work, a fragile warrior is wearing his own flesh as his armor, and the naked child stands with innocent face in front of blood-stained killing (which he might have committed). His oeuvre stands at an odd intersection of life and death, beauty and cruelty, civilization and wild, and reality and fantasy, unfolding a world of fantasy where people are severed from reality.
I think “dildo” is a perfectly acceptable insult. Like, I’d call you a dick but you’re not real enough.
The beauty of Space Engine.
- Is free to download and play.
- Recreates a cubic 10x10x10 gigaparsec area of the known universe that’s open to exploration from corner to corner.
- Contains a large catalogue of actual astronomical objects, including galaxies, stars, planets, dwarf planets, moons, asteroids, comets, and black holes, with more intended to be added in the future.
- Procedurally generates galaxies, stars, planets, moons, and other objects not known to us according to reasonable probabilities. When exploring, you never quite know what you’re going to find.
- Includes 10,000 catalogued galaxies, possibly billions more procedural galaxies, many trillions of stars, and even more planets and moons to explore. You can spend your entire lifetime looking at every single star system and never even make it to the next galaxy.
- Gives you the ability to travel through space at any speed from 1 meter per second to 1 gigaparsec per second, allowing you to swing across superclusters, leap through galaxies, warp between stars, hop between planets, and glide over moons.
- Presents the cosmos with stunning graphics and detail, from the gravitational lensing of black holes and neutron stars to the shadows of rings across planetary atmospheres.
Space Engine is also a work in progress and is still in the process of being updated. It also requires a powerful PC to run well and is prone to crashes which may be mostly fixed by using the “interleaved” LoaderMode and restarting the program often.
All things considered, Space Engine is a wonderful piece of software and will no doubt lead to many hours lost in space.
You can download Space Engine at the official site: